Friday 9 November 2012

Wasting away in Noosaville. 22-10-12



I'm having a coffee and reading the papers on Gympie Terrace in Noosaville. Unlike the Jimmy Buffett song "Wasting away in Margaritaville" I'm not "Looking for that log shaker of salt" and there is "No woman to blame". None the less there is a  tap on my shoulder, a slow creeping certainty and the inevitable pull coming from my bank balance that is calling me back to Melbourne. But not just yet, with a flick forward of my shoulder I tell myself I'll have a few more margaritas first.

So Alana and I find ourselves parked and plugged in the backyard of my cousin Brendan and his lovely wife Joy in down town Tewantin. I have had some great holidays up this way. Alana and I always threaten to move up this way but never do.

My sister Cathie and brother in law Mike have a place up this way in Little Cove which they spend parts of the year in. It just happens that they are here at the same time.


                                                Looking at Mt Cooroy from Mt Tinbeerwah


                                        My cousin Brendan (Bern) pondering the unponderable.


At the bird hide, Lake McDonald








                     On the road to Bedrock Fred looked out the window and yelled "Jaba Jaba Roo"


                                                     The backwater of Lake McDonald

 
                                       Mt Cooroy in the background, wetlands in the foreground.


                                     The amphitheatre at Noosa Botanical Gardens in Cooroy.

Taking a pretend specky at the amphitheatre.

 
Some times you just gotta kiss your girl.

 




The Apollonian Hotel at Booreen Point.




                                                         "Haven't I seen you here before?!"
                                                   

                               On a boat cruise up the Noosa river with Alana, Joy and Brendan.

                                              Our hosts from "Agrippa Crescent Van Park".


                                                 The car ferry across to the north shore.

A Butcher bird getting some wind in his feathers


Sea Eagles coming in for a feed of chicken skins.





Sunset on the river cruise.


                                                                  Mike and Cathie.


                                                              Coffee on Hastings St.


Sis and Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment