Saturday 19 May 2012

Backing up a minute!

Well we are in Perth, Alana has gone home for a week, and I'm just laying back in this little caravan park with only about 15 powered sites and about 100 permanent units. Bill the unofficial concierge of the camp kitchen says "you can fly under the radar here". He is right, it's a perfect spot right on the beach (not many  left around these days) to wait for Alana to get back and to spend some quiet time.

But backing up a bit, I haven't told you about The Gloucester Tree when we were  in Pemberton. It stands just out of town a ways and draws a few people to climb up it's trunk to a spotting platform way up high. There is a couple of these trees around that are or were used for fire spotting. They are impressive to say the least.


Hello down there!




At the start of this trip if you mentioned the bird life. I would have taken it with a grain of salt. Feeding off Alana's enthusiasm for the feathered creatures, I'm finding myself enjoying them to.

I just love seeing that look on Alana's face.

Meet Sid Vicious

and Molly

don't know this ones name

the prolific 28parret taking a bow

the Texas apple core massacre



I'll finish off this blog with a couple of forest shots, as they certainly were the dominating feature of this area.

I always said that Alana was one of those bloody tree huggers!


a more contemplative, introspective shot of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment